DO NOT drive vehicle until all steps are completed
Safety Checks #
- Visually inspect all high voltage connectors
- Connectors should be firmly connected and locked.
- All wires should go from positive to positive and negative to negative.
- Pin A on high voltage connectors should be positive and pin B should be negative
- Ensure that all connectors have the proper polarity.
Note : Double check high voltage wire polarity before ignition is turned on
Final System Checks #
Before the first start, it is important to check the coolant and low voltage systems.
- Check the coolant level and ensure that it is the proper fluid.
- Check the motor fluids and ensure that it is the proper fluid.
- Check all 12 volt and data connectors and ensure all are fully seated.
- Make sure that the 12 volt battery is connected and check the terminals are tight.
First Key Cycle #
Upon first turning the key on, there should be a loud click from the batteries, followed by a quiet click for pre-charge, followed by a loud click from the junction box.
- The screen should power on
- Water pumps for the battery and motor should turn on
- If the pumps sound irregular, the system has air in it and should be bled.
- Check the left panel of the screen for any warning lights and refer to the fault guide if needed.
- Go to the monitoring page and check the vehicle voltage and temperatures to ensure all numbers are within reason.
Vehicle Setup #
Please navigate to the vehicle setup page by tapping the top of the screen and selecting garage. Follow the instructions below for important settings. All other settings are used only for GUI features and will not affect drivability
The vehicle weight is used for power steering weight and idle creep, it is important that this number is as accurate as possible
Tire size is used to calculate vehicle speed
Final drive is used to calculate vehicle speed
Final Drive #
|Tesla small front drive||9.34|
|Cascadia motion IM-225 + reduction gearbox||final drive = 3.09 x differential ratio|
|Cascadia motion IDM-190||8.28|
The final drive for the IM-225 will be vehicle specific. Because it will need to go through a differential or transfer case, all values must be multiplied together to get the final drive.
Example : if your vehicle has a 3.6 : 1 differential, your final drive would be
3.09 x 3.6 = 11.15
System Check #
At this point, everything in the car should be functional
- Test AC (if equipped)
- Test Cabin Heat (if equipped)
- Test Vacuum pump (if equipped)
- Test DC-DC converter by measuring voltage at the 12 volt battery (should read 13-14 volts)
- Check for any fluid leaks
- Check for incorrect values on the screen
Test the motor
- Turn idle creep off
- Raise wheels in the air
- Select drive or reverse
- Very lightly press the throttle
Note : Electric motors are not meant to be free spun, the wheels should spin very slowly. Only enough to check that the motor works.
Test drive the car
- Watch the temperatures
- Listen for unusual noises
- Test drive should be easy on the car
Charge the car
- Ensure that charging works and behavior is normal
- Refer to charging guide
- Charge to 100% on the first charge
Note : Battery percentage may be off by up to 10% until charged fully